A photograph posted on the Internet, an insulting comment on a social network, etc. These common practices can cause serious damage to your reputation and good name. Your right to honor, privacy or self-image, can be for ever damaged, even if they are not carried out for profit.
We are expert lawyers in defending the protection of honor of both of individuals and businesses, in those situations where their honor, privacy or image might have been discredited. For instance, as a consequence of publication of videos, images, denigrating or libelous comments published in social media and the internet without their authorization.
Our clients receive a professional advice at the highest level. We will advice on the most effective ways to claim financial compensation for the damages caused. This quantification will be done according to the specific circumstances of the case and the severity of the injuries suffered.
The main areas of expertise would be the following:
- Criminal protection for offenses committed on the Internet or other means, such as insults, slander or disclosure of secrets.
- Civil protection of the right to honor, of individuals and businesses; disclosure of facts related to private life that affect the reputation and good name, defamatory comments made on the Internet, etc.
- Protection of the right to one’s own image and privacy, through the filing of a civil or criminal judicial procedure.
- Disclosure or publication of letters, memories, private data or other personal document of a private and intimate nature, either of a person or family. Defamatory comments on social networks, etc.
- Data capture, reproduction or publication by photography, film, or any other illicit means. Either of an image of a person, in places or moments of his private life, with special relevance to the rights of minors.
Please get in touch with us today to discuss how we can be of assistance to you